Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Go get your own Mandy, this one's taken.

I have this friend Mandy.  She is hilarious and real and people like her because not liking her just isn't an option.  She makes you feel normal and better.  Better about life and better about who you are.  Mostly, I think, because her gift is showing the irony and absurdity of humanity.  When I grow up, I really want to be like her.  Except she is pretty much my same age, so to hope for her degree of awesomeness at some point in my life is fairly futile. #girlcrush

Mandy has a Bvlog.  A weekly YouTube "show" where Mandy just goes and does Mandy.  I know it is public and anyone can go watch her, but often I end up feeling like her show was just for me.  There are some episodes that stand out, like this one Mattress World or this one AssCatTat or this Mother's Day beauty that will be a yearly viewing tradition, kind of like It's a Wonderful Life is to Christmas A (freaking) Mother's Day Song. See?  She is awesome.

Mandy is my Texting Bestie.  Since I moved away from CO three years ago, we haven't seen each other or even talked on the phone.  We text, a lot.  Sometimes texting conversations span a couple days.  We started texting in the midst of some really hard life.  It just sort of happened.  Mandy, her texts to me were nothing but pure gift.  I save my most pathetic life stories for her, knowing she will find some way to make me feel better about it.  Not always because she will try to make me laugh, but because she always finds some way to say, "you are not crazy."  Turns out a good friend will lie to you.

My wish for all of you is that you go find your own Mandy.

Yesterday was a day for me.  It was a Monday in the truest sense.  The single, brightest spot in my day was the Texting Besties newest Mondays with Mandy episode.  She made me LOL.  And that was a big deal.  I sent her the following video in gratitude because if you love someone, you should tell them and tell the world.

Mandy, this is me, telling the world, YOU ROCK.  You are gift.
 
(YES, there is filming while driving- it was all hands free, Siri initiated and in a safe stinking parking lot... STOP freaking out. Or direct all hate mail for me to Monday's with Mandy.  She can handle it.)



And people, the thing is about Mandy, and having her be my Brightspot- she makes me want to go be a Brightspot!!!!!!  What if that is what we all tried to be, Someone's Brightspot?  Can you even imagine???  Oh, the possibilities!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment